Tuesday, September 13, 2016

August Swap Card

I occasionally join a group of other FSJ Coaches in a card swap.  I'll be sitting out September - and maybe October - but here's the card I sent in for August.  (I hadn't wanted to share it before the organizer sent everyone's cards out to them, but I think it's late enough now - especially since she posted pictures today!)

I'd had several ATC cards left over from a different swap, so decided to incorporate them into full-sized cards.  I'm not sure I care for the wonky placement now that I see it again!  I stamped the flower and leaf images and sentiment on the front of the larger card using clear embossing ink to create a watermark look. Then I rubbed on a dusting of pan pastels before attaching the ATC and some sequins.

Click HERE to see how I created the background on the ATCs. I used red, yellow and orange water-based markers, then clear-embossed the Honeycomb stamp over the color before spritzing with water and softening the rest of the background with the watercolor lift technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment