Thursday, August 4, 2016

Facebook Group and August Class

I follow several Facebook groups, mostly stamping and card-making.  I enjoy seeing what others create, and think it's a good use of social media to gather together those with like interests, but I had never considered creating a group of my own.  My friend Carrie suggested I start a group for stampers in the Pueblo area as an easy way to communicate information about my monthly classes, our FSJ club, etc.  So I did...and it was EASY!  I don't know if many people will join, but it's a public group so others may find it.  If you'd like to check it out, here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/315796892088019/

I've made up the samples for the August 20th class. Seems like I always end up making 6 or 7 samples before I can decide on the three to take for class!  My mom (86 and counting!) was here, and helped me pick the "winners."  These are both ones that evolved from others.  I used my computer to print the sentiment for the light bulbs.  For class I printed four different sentiments in both landscape and portrait orientation so participants can choose what they want.  The butterfly card uses pan pastels, heat embossing, and vellum - it was a lot of fun to make.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the mask for the sentiment, just to see if I could make it a bit different from the layered die. 
   

This one I copied directly from the February Bloom Box.  I loved that kit, but it came out the month before I signed on as a coach.  I bought the stamp set as soon as it came out.  I love that the stamps are available three months after they debut in the kit - and hate that I had to wait THAT LONG, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment